Date & Time
Date(s) - 10/09/2015
9:00 - 17:00
Event booked up!
Translating Your Strategy Into Results : How Solution Focus and Host-Leadership Can Improve Your Strategy Execution
Thank you for your interest!
A unique one-day Masterclass for Leaders, Change Agents, Coaches and Consultants with Mark McKergow (UK) and Susanne Burgstaller (AUT).
A recent survey of more than 400 global CEOs found that executional excellence was the number one challenge facing corporate leaders in Asia, Europe, and the United States, heading a list of some 80 issues (…). We also know that execution is difficult. Studies have found that two-thirds to three-quarters of large organizations struggle to implement their strategies.
(Sull, D. et.al., Why Strategy Execution Unravels – and What to Do About It,
Harvard Business Review, March 2015, p. 60)
- Is your organisation brilliant at making plans, but less good at implementing them?
- Do your initiatives sometimes get stuck in silos and conflicts?
- Is complexity killing the speed needed to keep up with volatile environments?
- Do your people crave structure in adapting to change?
Treat yourself to a day with colleagues and professionals gathering fresh ideas about enhancing your strategy execution – a much overlooked field compared to strategy development. Discover where traditional approaches have failed and what to put in their place by applying Solution Focus and Mark´s new concept of Host Leadership.
By attending you will…
- Unravel the 5 myths about strategy execution
- Learn what to put in their place and how, such as
- improved coordination
- organizational agility
- shared understanding of strategic priorities
- collaboration over performance
- lead from the middle, guide from the top
- Experiment with a number of new and useful tools, such as the “User´s Guide to the Future”, the sfwork “Strategic Platform Framework”, the “SF Wheel”, Scaling, Back-Casting, etc.
- See how these may help your strategy execution, or those of your customers
- Work on “real cases” – your own and those of your colleagues – to maximise the benefits for your organisational practice
- Discover the “Leader as Host” metaphor and six new roles of engagement and see what these can do for your approach to leadership
Participative and experiential, with lots of opportunities to join in, practice, discuss and reflect. You will meet like-minded professionals with whom to network and exchange useful experiences, tips and stories.
Who will benefit from attending?
- Leaders from all organizational levels and functions
- Internal and external consultants and coaches
- HR, learning, development and change professionals
- Trainers and facilitators
English, with translation into German when needed.
€ 249,- excl. VAT, incl. refreshments; For more than two people coming from one organization, the third and following participants will receive a 30% discount.
A cancellation charge of € 30,- will apply for all cancellations before Aug. 15, 2015. Thereafter the full fee will be charged; however, a substitute participant may of course be nominated.
Please use the booking form below, or send an email to [email protected]
Mark is an internationally renowned speaker, consultant, author and co-author of several books, including “The Solutions Focus – Making Coaching and Change SIMPLE” and “HOST – Six new roles of engagement for teams, organizations, communities, movements” (www.hostleadership.com ). He is one of the founders of the global SOL (Solution Focus in Organisations) community and director of the HESIAN research hub at the University of Hertfordshire, UK.
Susanne is a solution focused consultant and coach with 25 years of experience in the areas of organisational and HR development, strategy, team-building, and coaching. She leads consulting projects on strategy and organisational change, and coaches leaders and their teams. She is also the author of the book “Solution Focus in Organisations. Leading and consulting from the future” (Carl-Auer Verlag, 2015).
Bookings are closed for this event.